
This seems to be one of my new favorite foods. There is a little sandwich and wrap shop that sells them down the street. It is a more pricey lunch than I would normally pay, and it really doesn't have much for kids. Not to mention all the people who cram in there everyday for lunch making it nearly impossible to take kids in without fear of losing them. So I have searched and searched for a recipe to make them myself. Turns out I couldn't find one, but by sifting through them last time I bought them and looking/tasting each bite to figure out what was in it, and looking at a ton of similar recipes online I finally put it all together. I used Turkey instead of chicken as I have been roasting a whole turkey every other week to use for sandwiches during the week. I found some Thai rice vermicelli and rice wraps, added some lettuce, carrots, mint, cilantro, and a few pieces of turkey. Rolled them up and then made some peanut sauce to dip them in. I found a cashew sauce recipe that said you could sub peanut butter in to make it peanut sauce. The taste although not 100% exact was close enough to make me very happy.
Carter even tried one. Yumm! I know what I'm having for lunch this week!
No comments:
Post a Comment