CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Elephant Mask


Kendall started coughing about 2 1/2 weeks ago. After 2-3 days it started keeping her up all night, which meant that I also had to stay up all night. The second night she was coughing so hard she was having a hard time catching her breath. When I called the nurse to check in on an issue Carter was having I mentioned to the nurse Kendall's cough. I told her I felt silly asking because it was her only symptom. No fever, no runny nose, nothing just this awful cough. It wasn't even a congested cough just dry and constant. She asked me to go ahead and bring her in that day. After she coughed in front of the Doctor he decided to give her a breathing treatment. And then a liquid steroid, and she responded so well to these two treatments there in the office that he sent us home with 2 inhalers and 4 days worth of an oral steroid. I was a little skeptical that this was going to stop her cough, but that night she only woke up 1 time and after giving her the inhaler she went right back to sleep and made it the rest the way through the night. Since then she is sleeping through the night again. Now 2 weeks later I am a believer in the treatment he prescribed. She is now off her inhalers. Today he gave me 1 does of the oral meds to keep in my fridge at home in case she has another coughing attack and made sure I still had the inhaler on hand just in case.

I'm so glad she is back to herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment