L (Kendall's cousin) sent Kendall a copy of herself otherwise known as Flat L. Kendall was so excited to take her around to see the sites of Kansas City. As its been pretty cold we didn't hop in and out of the car and take as many pictures and we would have liked but we did make it to the WW1 Museum. The month of February they have 2 free admissions for Kansas City residents. On the first weekend of the month our bank offers free admission too. So we headed off on our mostly free visit. When we got there another family handed us a free extra ticket and we ended up all free! That wasn't the best part either. I believe the museum is worth every penny that they charge for admission. It was beautifully done and very informational. I didn't realize until we got there how much I didn't know about WW1. I was embarrassed to ask Zach why exactly did WW1 start? I couldn't even remember that. We followed a tour and got so much information. Zach and I could have stayed another 2-3 hours I'm sure but the kids were done after the 2 hour tour.
The way they tell the story is amazing and well worth your time if you ever come to visit Kansas City.
The museum is located underneath the Liberty Memorial a famous landmark in Kansas City. And I can now tell you why WW1 started and all kinds of other crazy information about that time period. I can't wait for an opportunity to go back and learn more. After all if we don't learn from the past we may repeat the same mistakes in the future.
Thanks L for coming with us we had a great time.




No comments:
Post a Comment