CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Casa Bonita







When I was about 10 or so my parents took us to this awesome restaurant in Denver CO. I remember it being so cool. We watched people cliff dive, dance, do magic shows and climbed through a cave. I've remembered it for so long and after moving to Kansas City I've mentioned to Zach a number of times how much I wanted to stop in Denver and go there for Dinner.

So as luck would have it. Casa Bonita was right on our way home from Vegas, and per my request Zach took us to dinner there.

They sat us just as the magician was starting his show and we practically had front row seats. As the magician finished up we watched them chase a gorilla (person dressed up as one anyways) around the pool and cliffs, we even thought for a minute that he might actually jump in. Then I walked around till I found the cave that I remembered so well. It was just as I remembered it, the kids thought it was great. I remember going through it many many times when I was a kid and I think the kids and I went through at least 3 times this time around too.

It was just as I had remembered it as a kid except for the food. I can't say I've had worse mexican before then. Was it worth it? Most certainly YES! Will we ever go back? Probably not. But I am so thankful for the chance to share that experience with my kids.

Afterwards we went to the hotel, one of the highlights of the trip was getting to go swimming. Luckly they let us jump in the pool even though it was supposed to be closed. We let the kids swim.





We made it home on Saturday night so that we could relax and recover on Sunday. It was a great trip.

2 comments:

  1. Shane used to work there! He took me there before we got married. Fun place:).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went there several times as a kid and it was always a treat. Then we went there again when I was pregnant with Evan, me telling Kelly about how great it was, etc... and you're right, the food was terrible! I bet it was even worse for you, having lived in Tucson where they presumably know how to make good Mexican. :)

    ReplyDelete