Tonight we went to Zach's softball game. They won again. Yeah! But the real reason I'm writing about it is because when we got home after showers and such Dylan realized his titanium necklace was not around his neck. And if you know Dylan at all he's been wearing it since he got it for his birthday everyday all day all the time. He was completely distraut and knew he had lost it at the game. I told him to take a deep breath and dad would take him back over to the field to see if he could find it.
I got a text from Zach about 10 minutes later letting me know they had found it and were on their way home. Dylan walked in the door and up to the living room where I was waiting with Kendall and Carter for family prayer. Dylan said. "I prayed on the way there that Heavenly Father would help us find it and he did." I asked him if his dad had suggested to him to pray and he told me "no" that he had said the prayer without Zach knowing.
Its opportunities like this that let me know they are learning and able to apply the teachings of the gospel in their lives. In that moment I knew Dylan knew he had a Heavenly Father who loved him enough to help him find something so very important to him.
I love you Dylan!
Thursday, May 3, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment