CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 28, 2011

Roller Coster Rides

What a roller coster month this has been. We've had our ups and our downs. But our highs have been high. And our lows... Well.

It all started when Carter brought home an application from his teacher to join the
National Elementary Honors Society !
I didn't even know they had that in Elementary Schools, but we are so excited for him. They provide opportunities for leadership and service at school and in the community. We find out next Month if he gets in. (He has had straight A's on his last 2 report cards and was able to completely fill out the form showing all kinds of things he is involved in so I'm not worried :) )

Carter's choir is also singing the National Anthem at a Maverick's Hockey Game this week. No he's not singing by himself, but he does get to go out on the ice and sing. What an amazing oppertunity. His choir teacher is great. Zach will be here to go with him, and take pictures. to come later.

Next

Dylan our little competitor and forever athlete got a call from his baseball coach asking if he would be interested in joining his competitive team this year. Zach and I were excited to say yes he would love to and now we like to talk about how he's been "scouted" for a competitive team. Dylan is also very excited for his first practice on Monday! (Sign-ups aren't til March and Games don't start til mid April)

Minutes after receiving the call about Dylan my mom called. I could tell from her voice something was wrong. My Dad's Mom had passed away. Now we new she was older (94 to be exact) and she lived a long full life and touched so many people in so many positive ways we should celebrate the time we had with her. It is still sinking in that when I walk in her door on Sunday to see Grandpa that she isn't going to be sitting by his side or cooking in the kitchen. Grandma and Grandpa have lived in the same house my entire life. I think of their house as a foundation or safe place that will always be there. It is hard to wrap my head around the fact that they are getting older and things will change. Thanks to my other mom (who spent years working for an airline) I am able to fly home for the funeral. I am so great full for her willingness to help, and the ability and technology we have that I am able to get back to Salt Lake in time for the funeral.


Carter and Dylan with Great Grandma and Grandpa Ogilvie
more pictures of us together will come soon.

But back on the upside.

Last night Carter took first place in his Bear Den at Pinewood Derby and will get to go to Districts on the 5th of February. He took 2nd Overall in his entire Pack.

And

I think there is a wedding sooner? or later? in our future. An engagement was announced last night to bring the roller coster ride to an end in January. I can only hope that February won't be quit so hilly. But I'll take the downs with the ups because they all make life worth living.

Side note
I didn't mention Kendall, but she is amazing too :) she has started learning to read. We picked out some Level 1 readers at the Library. I think at this point she has them memorized, but she points to each word as she reads them. It might be time for a few new books for our airplane ride. Off to the library before the plane leaves on Sunday. So much to do. I'd better get to work :)


No comments:

Post a Comment