CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 2, 2009

What a Man


Although Zach probably won't admit it he is pretty handy to have around. He is able to fix things and saving us tons of money. He is also handy around the house. Today he spent his day changing the brakes on the Tahoe. He's been meaning to do this for about a month now, but with our busy callings he hasn't had the chance to do it. Last week I took it in to be inspected so that I could register it. Oops! The brakes were just getting to the warning piece so they wouldn't pass it. So this weekend it became our top priority. We had gotten quotes on having them done so that he wouldn't have to do it himself, but it was just so much cheaper to do it ourselves we just couldn't justify having someone else do it.

Other projects he's done.
  • Our jet skis, the year we bough them the head of the engine had to be redone, as it was under warrenty the shop fixed it for us and off we went to California to boat with my parents. Our first day on the lake the ski suddenly starts taking on tons of water and sinking! Yikes! What's wrong you ask? We had just gotten it back from the shop. We get it out of the water after many stops along the shore to drain it, and we find they had left a shop rag in the bottom of it which ripped a seal when we got it running out on the lake. We called the shop and let them know what happened although we are a 17 hour drive away. They tell us to take it to another shop there in CA but they couldn't get to it until after our vacation. So Zach tells them I'm buying the part and fixing it myself and you are going to honor the warrenty since this is your fault. That night my dad and Zach fixed the ski and we were back out on the lake the next day running great!
  • Framed our basement with the help of a friend.
  • Wired our basement putting in outlets lighting, ceiling fans, and fire alarms.
  • Put a new engine in a jet ski
  • Put a sprinkler system in our house in Arizona, including sawing off the facet and putting a new one on with an extension down to the sprinkler system
  • Built a brick wall, again in our AZ house
Zach is a great Dad and Husband and we love him!

1 comment:

  1. I wish I had a haddy husband like yours. I have more of an inventer on my hands! But you already know that. He keeps saying he's gonna fix the van door. He tried for three hours last saturday and it's still broken. Of course he blamed the engineering design of the door. I wish I could just go get it fixed at the dealer. We still have the warranty!

    ReplyDelete